Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support. Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Bristol-Myers Squibb has announced plans for an expansion of its large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts. The expansion will create a mammalian cell biologics center of excellence through the introduction of biologics development and clinical trial manufacturing capabilities to the site. Both represent new capabilities for Devens, a site that in its early years has focused solely on large-scale, bulk biologics manufacturing.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for MES configuration items at Devens and across BMS network.
- Act as a change owner, and champion completing MES-related changes by gathering or defining the problem statement, measuring its scope and impact, analyzing multiple resolution options, improving the state of the systems (MES and target systems) by implementing optimal solutions, and controlling the overall validated state of MES configuration items.
- Lead cross functional meetings to gather requirements, scope, and business rationale for MES-related projects.
- Support development of charter, execution plan, detailed schedule and testing strategy for projects.
- Act as a technical lead for MES projects from inception through completion (project initiation, design, development, testing and deployment of MES and associated systems).
- Manage assigned internal/external resources throughout the lifecycle of projects, and be accountable for successful completion of deliverables (on-time-within-budget).
- Communicate proactively with peers, project resources and management - highlighting issues, proposing solutions, and escalating challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Electrical/Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of design/development/deployment experience preferred in Emerson Syncade MES or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of ISA S88 and S95 models. Hands-on experience in Distributed Control Systems such as Emerson DeltaV is preferred.
- Knowledge of GAMP and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations. Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Knowledge of life-cycle validation techniques for automation systems.
- Ability to work within a team, lead cross-functional teams, and work independently in dynamic environments.
- Project engineering experience or equivalent education/certification is a plus.
A little about us:
Our shared focus to become a Diversified Specialty BioPharma company is driving us forward. Pioneering in new areas of research.