Panasonic Corporation is working with Tesla Motors, Inc. to manufacture photovoltaic (PV) cells and modules for solar panels at Tesla’s Solar City factory in Buffalo, New York.
Panasonic's role will be to manufacture and supply PV cells and modules with unique heterojunction photovoltaic cells, combining a crystalline silicon wafer with an amorphous silicon layer. Products will feature industry-leading module conversion efficiency and outstanding temperature coefficient characteristics.
The collaboration will make optimum use of both companies’ strengths to enhance the competitiveness of their products, generating a synergy effect between Panasonic’s technological and manufacturing expertise in the photovoltaic business and Tesla’s strong sales channels, rich creativity and market-leading, cutting-edge innovation.
The factory’s production began in the summer of 2017. By expanding the scale of production capacity over time, Panasonic expects to reach production capacity of over 1 GW (GigaWatt) by 2019. Tesla is making a long-term purchase commitment to Panasonic for products manufactured at the Solar City factory.
This is an opportunity that’s made to order for a career-minded individual who wants to make a difference and contribute to a more sustainable future based on renewable energy. Join this creative technology collaboration as it staffs up for initial production and grow with it as operations get under way and expand.
Currently, PESSNY has an immediate opening available for an Assistant Manager for our Manufacturing Execution Systems [MES] Development.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Evaluate, design and lead projects to control and interface with the manufacturing process as an analyst, including designing and developing related data visualization
- Act as a subject matter expert in execution systems technical knowledge and in the field of data architectures and collection
- Responsible for incident management, downtime tracking and prevention
- Interface with other departments in terms of requirement gathering and problem solving
- Responsible for owning all projects
- Operational Support of key applications and hardware, including on-call support
- Perform other duties as assigned
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 5 years of MES and Manufacturing environment experience
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Experience in a project management or team lead role
- Excellent understanding of computer operating systems and software applications
- Solid experience with MES systems
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, IP networks and virtualization (VM ware)
- Working knowledge of programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Experience in a supervisory role (coaching, providing feedback, evaluations)
- Ability to exercise independent judgement consistent with company guidelines/standards
- Ability to organize and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proven interpersonal communications, including the ability to drive international projects with multinational team members
What We Offer:
- Family like environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Collaborative culture that thrives on innovation and new ideas
- Rewards and recognition for great achievements
- Growth opportunities for career development
- Flexible work arrangements to help balance life and work
- Competitive benefits and compensation package
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.