Working in conjunction with the Messaging Solutions Lead and the Messaging team, the Messaging Architect will be responsible for the analysis, implementation, and operation of Shire's enterprise messaging components including Office 365. This individual will be working as an integral member of the End User Experience Team. Responsibilities will include mastery of Exchange 2010 & 2013, Office 365 (including but not limited to Exchange Online, Skype Online, Azure Active Directory.) This team is responsible for all services and technologies that drive collaborative messaging solutions for Shire end users.
Additionally, he or she will provide technology or process knowledge/experience to advise on technology options suited for the business capability to be delivered. This individual will also ensure that the solution design satisfies the requirements and collaborate with technical and functional teams as appropriate in the design process. The Messaging Architect can oversee external technical resources when needed in the scope of a project.
The Architect will drive or participate in innovation initiatives to deliver new capability required by the business and bring fresh creative ideas to promote future improvements and opportunities that will benefit the business community.
The Messaging Architect will also act as a consultant/advisor to the business function on demand and provide review and oversight of application lifecycle management changes.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years professional experience, with at least 3 of these years in a senior role, as subject matter expert in Microsoft Exchange; Office 365 experience strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining messaging solutions, ideally within a fast moving pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
• Deep technical knowledge of Microsoft Office and Skype/Lync
• SMTP Gateways, Email Anti-Spam/Anti-Virus, DLP for Email, E-Discovery for Email.
• Mobility Device Management integration. Airwatch, MobileIron, or Intune preferred.
• Microsoft Lync/Exchange preferred.
• Windows PowerShell scripting experience
• Working knowledge of collaboration/mobile/web/video/ audio conferencing technologies
• Ability to bring insight, knowledge, best practices and feedback to strategic discussions.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in following Systems Development Life Cycle
• Knowledge of iTIL v3 related processes and/or iTIL certified.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
• Ability to successfully collaborate and partner with key business stakeholders at all levels of the organization, especially leadership, other IT teams and suppliers/consultants on a daily basis.
• Solid communication skills, interpersonal skills, team-building, motivation and multi-tasking capabilities
• Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization
• Knowledge of the system development life cycle
• Communicates abstract concepts with clarity and precision
• Projects a level of credibility and professionalism
• Recognized as a trusted and respected team member
• Builds, maintains and grows key internal and external partnerships and networks
• Seeks opportunities to participate on teams
• Understands team dynamics and strives to improve team effectiveness.
• Operates effectively on global and cross-functional teams
Other Job Requirements:
• Some domestic and international travel can be anticipated.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.