The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Exploratory Science Center (ESC) Cambridge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving early discovery research. Co-located with Merck's Cambridge Innovation Hub, the ESC's disease-area-agnostic research agenda fosters hands-on collaboration between our scientists and external academic and biotech researchers to access and explore the most promising emerging science.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create a fast-paced, nimble and flexible environment of mutual respect, creativity, invention and teamwork. With access to Merck's proven global R&D organization, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking an innovative and passionate scientist to join the Merck Exploratory Science Center (ESC) in Cambridge, MA.
The successful candidate will become part of a creative and fast-paced team aimed at:
- Studying the interaction of the microbiome and host to discover transformative medicines in multiple therapeutic areas
- Developing novel prophylactic or therapeutic interventions to address significant unmet medical need in infectious disease
- Responsible to design discovery metabolomics studies, carry out sample preparation, data acquisition and analysis applying novel mass spectrometry technologies to understand the effect of microbial products on human health and disease
- Will be part of a cross-functional team and contribute to the strategic direction of research programs including target ID and selection of appropriate therapeutic modalities.
- Required: Ph.D. in Analytical Chemistry, Metabolomics, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of (3) years Industry hands-on experience and method development for targeted and un-targeted metabolomics across multiple biological matrices, including urine, stools and cellular extracts
- Familiar with cutting-edge MS and MS-imaging technologies, for small molecules and proteins, their application to solve complex bio-analytical problems
- Advanced expertise in HPLC techniques
- Ability to independently contribute to research directions and solve challenging issues
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Research experience with the Microbiome and/or Immunology
- Experience with metabolic pathways and organism physiology
- Infectious Disease Research experience
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.