Blend welds or prepare castings for welding by means of grinding and blending. Inspect castings dimensionally by hand held gages and check wall thickness using ultrasonic gauging (UT) in accordance with blue print specifications.Major activities/Key challenges:
- Ability to read and follow the information on the work instructions.
- Record data either manually or by computer as required.
- Visually inspect casting for scratches, negative indications or excess metal.
- Ability to perform dimensional inspections.
- Blend mask, remove defects, weld prep, blend weld and FPI and remove defects to ensure conformance to blue print specifications.
- Remove excessive wall thickness.
- Rejects defective parts and marks casting an record deviations on associated maps/AQL's/
- Maintain required surface finish.
- Operate and maintain ultrasonic machine and transducers.
- Calibrate machine using master casting or step wedges.
- map areas on casting to be inspected.
- Inspect casting using ultrasonic equipment and record data.
- Ability to correctly use all hand held wall Gage, pinch gauges and vernier and readings to be within .002
- Use Boroscope to blend inside cast and inaccessible areas of casting.
- Ability to correctly mark for selective rinses and determines from formula amount of rinse.
- Must comply with all company attendance policies and guidelines, this includes, but is not limited to, regular attendance and occasional overtime.
- Complete part blasting work as needed.
Other duties as assigned. Flexibility is high desired in this dynamic environment.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.