We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic student to join our Quality team based at 1600 Harvard Ave. in Cleveland, OH. The Metallurgical Engineer Co-op / Intern position is a minimum 12 week assignment for summer 2018. Cleveland Operations is a unionized heavy industrial manufacturing facility that transforms aluminum and other metals into aerospace and automotive products.
Why join us? Your education is just beginning! Our interns have the opportunity to be part of real world business scenarios. Their skills are sharpened as full members of a project team, working alongside leaders in partnership with business unit clients. Interns are assigned projects based on their business unit specifications which will vary depending on location. Some of the highlights as a member of the team are business insights sessions with the Senior Leadership team across the organization, professional development opportunities, and plant tours, and social activities with other interns and colleagues.
We look for interns with:
• Demonstrated outstanding academic achievement
• A strong record of team, project and/or people leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
• The ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Willingness to take initiative to understand the business
• An aptitude for problem solving; strong writing and verbal communication skills
• Previous successful experience as an active member of a team
• A strong commitment to excellence and to personal and professional growth
• Must be resourceful, responsible, tenacious, curious, independent, confident, and high energy
Must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Materials Science from an accredited institution.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.