Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Metallurgical Lab Technician for our plant located in Indianapolis, IN.
Met Lab Technicians are responsible for providing the proper preparation and metallography examination of samples of various coating, brazing, and welded samples to customer requirements, including providing Nadcap checklist to ensure good performance and audit results. Met Lab Technicians must be detail oriented, and have the ability to maintain the highest quality standards. Met Lab Technician - Final Inspection Technician
- Working safely is our number 1 priority!!
- Prepare & Evaluate samples to customer requirements
- Perform pre-audit, audit, and post audit support
- Perform tensile, hardness, titration test as required
- Maintain inventory of Metallurgical Lab supplies
- Ensure calibration on all items in Metallurgical Lab
- Inspection and Operational Excellence tasks
- Work with team on process improvements
- Keep workplace clean and organized
- Other duties as assigned
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- 2 year college degree preferred
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be physically able to lift 40 lbs
- Computer skills including email, word, and excel
- Ability to analyze specification and read part drawings
- Mecut Certified
- LCS Certified
- Working extended hours and/or weekends may be required
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. Person under relevant ITAR regulations.
A little about us:
A global Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process and specialty gases, is focused on making our planet more productive.