Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking a Metallurgist to have technical ownership of hardware produced for applicable customers while supporting the business to achieve established processing and financial targets. This position is located our aerospace forging manufacturing plant in Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) holds the number one global market position in aerospace fastening systems and rings, and we're the North American leader in commercial transportation fasteners. Our rings and high-tech, multi-material fastening systems are found nose to tail on aircraft and aero engines. Our products are also critical components of industrial gas turbines, automobiles, commercial transportation vehicles, and construction and industrial equipment. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs over 7,500 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Primary technical contact for applicable customers.
- Develop, modify, improve, and troubleshoot the processes associated with the production of seamless rolled rings and other open-die forgings.
- Demonstrated expertise in Metallurgical failure analysis and disposition for applicable customers, including generation of non-dimensional concessions for customer review.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management for new part introduction (NPI) for applicable customers, including final review of qualification packages prior to customer review.
- Perform various Metallurgy Department projects including planning, organizing data collection, and presentation.
- Initiate and control cost reduction projects to achieve targets established by Supervisor.
- Release hardware for production utilizing processes that are designed to meet or exceed customer technical (metallurgical and quality) requirements as specified on purchase orders, blueprints, specifications or other related documents.
- Review of new and revised technical (material, process, quality, etc) specifications, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build strong working relationships with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science or Materials Engineering, from an accredited college or university
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer 1 year of Engineering experience in Manufacturing
- Master's Degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Engineering, or Materials Science, or related technical field, from an accredited institution
- Experience in Aerospace forging using titanium and/or nickel based super alloys
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Experience with Quality systems and specifications
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.