At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking a Meter Reader that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. The Meter Reader is responsible for recording solar usage from a revenue grade meter and inspecting the meters for defects or abnormal usage levels of our residential solar projects.
When not reading meters, you may be asked to help additional tasks such as: minor service visits such as resetting envoys or turning on solar breakers, work with our site surveyors as they visit customer's homes to collect information for potential solar installations. In this role, you will report directly within the Site Survey group
- Follow a designated route and arrive to all scheduled appointments daily
- Take pictures of the meter and email to corporate
- Inspect meter for inaccuracies and damage; report any findings for future service
- Provide service and customer support during field visits or dispatches
- Reply promptly to emails and send when necessary
- Cooperate with Corporate and Field teams and share information across the organization
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
- Produce timely and detailed service reports
- Operate vehicle in a safe manner and use field automation systems
- Follow all company field procedures and protocols
- Build positive relationships with customers
- Must have good customer service skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Keeps a clean appearance.
- Earns trust easily and maintains confidence from co-workers.
- Ability to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- 2 years of experience in related field
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.