Job Location: Cary, NC
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Metrics Analyst will support the Global Operations - eBusiness Service Platforms & Operations organization within Global Technology & Operations. The primary area of responsibility will be focused on consolidating, analyzing, and reporting of operational metrics.
- Coordinates the metric definition of business, user and operational requirements for one or more portal products or features.
- Plays an active role in defining, mapping and documenting metrics requirements by working closely with product and service partners, IT, etc., to ensure tagging specifications are in alignment with reporting needs
- Analyzes moderately complex data and identifies associated relationships, making recommendations/decisions on what metrics to track, how to measure, and the method in which data is tracked, stored and reported.
- Under minimal supervision, tracks, analyzes and reports financial and operational metrics information across Digital Servicing websites and various LOBs.
- Compiles and analyzes online, operational and transactional data and creates high level ad hoc reports of online, operational financial and performance results, including trend analysis, status of major initiatives, escalating issues, and potential solutions.
- Provides updates to business leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of new or revised procedures, processes, and initiatives.
- Assists with project management support to various initiatives by providing financial, work measurement, and metrics reporting support.
- Applies automation techniques to existing reporting processes to improve efficiency and accuracy
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required.
- High School Diploma
- 5-8 years’ experience in financial and/or operational roles
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel/PowerPoint, including pivot tables, look-up statements, macro creation, and experience manipulating large amounts of data
- Sound judgment, professionalism and discretion
- Strong business analytical abilities and organizational skills
- Ability to build partnerships and lead/work collaboratively with others
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Strong background in operational/financial metric best practices within or outside of MetLife, at a global level strongly desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, including geographically dispersed team members
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
- Bachelor's degree (4 year BA/BS or equivalent) with a major in business, finance or closely related field)
- Understanding of industry standard web tagging / tracking software such as Webtrends, Google Analytics, Ensighten
- Skills with Tableau, QuickView or similar
Customer Solutions Center
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 46181