Job Posting Title: Metrics Consultant
Job Location: Alpharetta, GA
This position utilizes business and technical expertise to track, report, analyze, and present financial and operational metrics to report operational efficiency, productivity, and identify trends. The role will assist with activities that support RIS Operations strategy, including but not limited to, assisting in planning and forecasting, metrics reporting, and financial management.
- Under direct supervision, compiles, analyzes and reports financial and operational metrics information to the GTO organization, Americas Operations, RIS Product partners and BrightHouse Financial.
- Develops efficient methods of obtaining data from core operational/reporting systems using MS Access, MS Excel, SharePoint or SQL.
- Identifies data issues, leads efforts with operational partners to understand cause, business impact, and facilitates resolution.
- Compiles and analyzes operational and transactional data and creates reports of operational financial and performance results, including trend analysis, and the status of major initiatives.
- Provides ad hoc reporting/analytics to line managers and to support strategic initiatives.
- Presents results, analysis, escalates issues and provides potential solutions to line management or senior staff
- Provides project management support for various initiatives by providing financial, work measurement, equipment/space planning, and metrics reporting support
- Participates on projects that encompass both short and long term business planning
- May assist in developing expense forecasts, operating budgets and financial reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in financial services operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with acute attention to detail and accuracy. The role requires the ability to present data in a concise and thorough manner.
- Ability to work with a various information systems as well as large and complex data files to transform raw data into finished products/deliverables.
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access skills
- Experience using Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Business Objects,
- SharePoint or Qlikview a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet multiple deadlines.
- Organizational skills with a focus on best practices and proper documentation.
- Proficient written and oral communication with the ability to document and analyze data flows in a clear way.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills in establishing and maintaining productive working relationships, and ability to influence key individuals and communicate complex ideas.
- Highly motivated and organized individual who is a self-starter.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of independence, accuracy and accountability and also within a team setting.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 49402