Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Metrologist to join its dynamic team located in its Global Headquarters in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Metrologist will demonstrate proficiency in calibration concepts, systems and documentation. Under limited supervision, installs, troubleshoots, repairs and performs calibration of complex optical, electrical, mechanical, chemical and electronic equipment and systems. In addition to ensuring scheduled work is completed, the incumbent responds to trouble-calls and emergency after-hours/weekend call-ins as necessary to help maintain a continuous 24-hour operation schedule. Interprets technical manuals and interfaces with customers and vendors to develop company calibration methods and procedures. Interfaces with vendor laboratories to maintain NIST traceability of calibration standards. Provides training in laboratory procedures and practices as necessary. Communicates and assists in the implementation of corrective action for calibration non-conformances. Works closely with calibration management to develop safe laboratory procedures and practices.
• Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
• Respond to 5 - 10 daily routine calibrations from recall list
• Respond to 3 - 5 trouble calls per day
• Perform routine calibration activities. (65%)
• Troubleshoot and resolve emergency calibration issues. (20%)
• Write calibration procedures for adherence to GMP/ISO requirements. (10%)
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management. (5%)Qualifications
• High School Diploma, G.E.D, or equivalent is required.
• Associates Degree or certification in a technical discipline (including electronics, PLCs, pneumatics, mechanics, PMEL certification) is preferred.
• Knowledge in electronics, PLCs, pneumatics, mechanics, or PMEL certification preferred
• Experience in an operations environment, understanding of schematics / technical illustrations, ability to properly use instrumentation required.
• Available for mandatory overtime and emergency call-ins as dictated by business needs.
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with instrumentation.
• Strong math skills.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and multitask.
• Ability to understand FDA/ISO/GMP regulations.
• Must be willing to obtain Vistakon Electrical Safety Certification (Green Badge) prior to future advancement.
• Requires utilization of a personal computer, printer, telephone, facsimile, copier, calculator, Microsoft Office products, software as needed.
• Familiarity with various hand tools, tachometers, resistance, multimeters, thermocouples, weights, load cells, ultrasonic devices, voltmeters, chart recorders, soldering irons, RTD's, pressure/vacuum devices, frequency/time instrumentation, oscilloscopes and generators required.
• Requires stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, light lifting (up to 23 lbs.), grasping, hearing, visual acuity, kneeling, reaching, pushing, talking, standing, fingering, crawling, inside environmental conditions
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
Industrial ManufacturingRequisition ID
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.