The Dow Chemical Company has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Metrology Engineer job in Electronic Materials / CMP Technology, located in Newark, DE. We are opening this position to support our current and next generation technologies.
- The Metrology Engineer will be responsible for the AWP (Analytical Work Process) at the site as well as take on direct responsibility to maintain some measurement equipment, direct development of and/or own some next generation measurement equipment, assure across-site and site-to-site metrology alignment and ensure metrology strategy by working with cross-functional stakeholders.
Tactical Work Expectations:
Manage the AWP (Analytical Work Process), this includes but is not limited to:
- Working with and ensuring all measurement device owners have routine calibration and health metrics reported and under control for their devices
- Helping measurement device owners with adhering to PCS expectations as well as cross-site matching
- Rolling up all identified needs for measurement equipment to push for necessary improvement or replacement projects
- Ensure validated methods and proper documentation are in place for all measurement devices, especially during development phase when data is shared with customer
- Ensure assessments for Fit, Form, Function, and Reliability of QC and routine measurement equipment are in place, especially when returning from service.
- Facilitate a response plan for analytical requests
- Partner with PCS focal point to ensure SPC and routine device verification is in place
- Ensure routine comparison and matching across site and site-to-site metrology by facilitating round-robin sampling with lab and manufacturing stakeholders.
- Coach measurement systems owners in proper techniques to maintain their equipment, including SPC, calibration and method validation procedures.
- Partner with Quality Systems and measurement tool owners to ensure proper routine device calibrations
- Act as focal point at site to help identify analytical resources/capabilities (internal in business, across company, external to company) in order for teams to meet business prioritized goals.
- Execute the routine updates to the site metrology strategy.
- Ensure risk based thinking in measurement system analysis and maintenance, FMEA.
Strategic Leadership Expectations:
- Develop and drive the metrology roadmap through executing of the metrology strategy.
- Summarize needs and projects to senior management for prioritization.
- Systematically analyzing the metrology reliability gaps and health data. Identify the metrology consistency improvement opportunities, and initiate them yourself or push for this Improvement program to be prioritized/resourced.
- Identification through implementation of metrology and product measurement improvements due to customer requirements and technology needs and performance vetting.
- Training field service engineers and other sales staff on technical aspects of metrology.
- Acting as steward for Dow's metrology information.
- Hands on experience with chemical / physical material analysis and characterization
- Demonstrated understanding of advanced analytical techniques applicable to Semiconductor manufacturing and raw materials
- Demonstrated experience in managing and improving issues involving quality and process consistency
- Proven track record of meeting goals and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to make good engineering judgments independently
- Demonstrated communication skill experience with all levels of organization and across cultures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
- Master's Degree in Engineering or related field
- CMP specific knowledge on products and end use performance
- Experience leading projects using multiple engineering principles (mechanical, chemical, etc)
- 6-sigma Black Belt project management certification
- Experience in external (customer or supplier) communication: ensuring both companies are aligned on the same goals and understandings
Critical Success Factors:
- Strong knowledge of analytical techniques, capabilities, and evolving technologies
- Strong capabilities in data analysis techniques and statistics with emphasis on Gage R&R
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in working with manufacturing plants and labs
- Strong documentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with 5 years relevant experience
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com .
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us , you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
A little about us:
Join the Dow team in creating innovative solutions for human progress. A career with us is an invitation to explore, create and make valuable contributions to human progress. We’re a global team of problem-solvers, impacting everything from safe bridges, to fresh food.