Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Provide calibration and technical support to Alton and Irvine facilities such as scheduling calibration work and performing calibrations of product processing, analytical laboratory measuring and test equipment and calibration standards. Performs calibrations in several technical disciplines which include physical, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, and chemistry. Maintains calibration data and records as required per GMP and B. Braun requirements utilizing Calibration Management System software. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Perform calibrations, repairs, and verifications to measuring and test equipment, product processing, and analytical laboratory instruments and calibration standards in several technical disciplines: physical, mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, and chemistry.
- Creates and/or prepares the necessary documentation of calibration activities.
- Update supervisor, engineers and project teams on the status of calibrations.
- Coordinate calibration/project activities with other functional areas.
- Proficiency in computers, databases, word processing and spreadsheets is required.
- Collects, records, and analyzes calibration data to generate reports. Reports any test results that do not meet specification to the appropriate personnel, in order to analyze the impact of the nonconformance on production.
- Performs department and project related duties such as adding new or opening calibration work in the calibration management system, prepare items to be shipped to vendors, pick up/deliver items shipped/received, or other tasks assigned by lead/manager.
- Organize and conduct projects, project related inspections, experiments and calibrations.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks per GMP requirements.
- Review calibration data received from vendors.
- Assist in performing Metrology Quality Audits.
- Must understand metrology concepts
- Must know how to read and follow detailed calibration procedures, write test reports and have a good basic understanding of math.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principals in the mechanical, electrical and physical science.
- Computer literate with experience using Calibration Management Software (such as Blue Mountain), and MS Word and Excel.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years experience in the calibration of product processing, analytical laboratory, measuring and test equipment, and calibration standards.
- Must pass Medical Requirements and Containment/Clean Room training for entry into the DUPLEX facility.
- Two year college degree in science or engineering and 2 - 3 years experience in the calibration of product processing, analytical laboratory, measuring and test equipment, and calibration standards.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-EC1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.