Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop and manage insurance requirements for multifamily properties; assess, recommend, and decision routine and complex insurance waiver requests for new and post purchase loans; determine property risks, controls and mitigants; monitor and support Lenders with insurance compliance. Apply technical understanding of insurance principles, underwriting, and laws when addressing insurance related matters for external and internal customers.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist Credit Risk Manager and other team members identify, research and analyze insurance market trends and update insurance Guide requirements
- Transaction Management: Review new and post-closing waiver requests in relation to Fannie Mae policies and Multifamily Seller Servicer Guide requirements.
- Analyze risk associated with waivers and determine whether they are acceptable.
- Coordinate, follow-up, and update Fannie Mae production and servicing systems on new and post-closing requests.
- Provide professional verbal and written responses and feedback to questions, requests, and challenging insurance matters presented by external and internal stakeholders.
- Relationship Management: Interact with lenders to explain the Multifamily insurance process and requirements; train internal and external stakeholders on specific requirements and changes.
- Portfolio Management: Manage ongoing risk activities related to performing loans; annual assessment of lender insurance compliance including a detailed review of selected loan files.
- Participate as team member on routine and non-routine special projects; may act as lead or participant.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Multifamily property insurance requirements to ensure lender's compliance with Multifamily insurance processes and standards.
- Analytical: capacity to assess, respond to routine and complex insurance waiver requests for post purchase loans, identify property risks, controls and mitigants.
- Communication: Apply technical understanding of insurance principles, underwriting, and legal requirements to address insurance issues with customers.
- Training skills to ensure all stakeholders remain current on specific insurance requirements/ policy changes.
- Manage ongoing risk activities related to performing loans; annual assessment of lender insurance compliance including a detailed review of selected loan files.
- Candidate tasks may vary from managing minor questions to performing a complex risk analysis that requires strong technical insurance and analytical skills.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.