Operates production equipment, responsible for manufacturing and assembly of commercial aerospace components. Follows blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish work. Essential Responsibilities:
This description is intended to be only a general outline of major responsibilities. It is expected that the employee performs these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work.
Perform technical tasks based on written or verbal instructions. Utilize technical assets.
- Utilize microelectronic, electronic, optical, electro-optical, mechanical, or electromechanical equipment, including computers and lasers.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting, calibration or modification of hardware, fixtures, and software.
- Participate on and/or lead project teams.
- Apply technical expertise in the evaluation, development, maintenance and use of complex products, devices, tests, or procedures under constantly changing conditions where moderate ingenuity and judgments are required.
- Structure modifications to programs w/ Visual Basic or other SW packages/programs preferred.
- Design simple circuits, fixtures, or mechanical parts.
- Develop software programs to run NC machines.
- Provide technical solutions to engineering.
- Participate on safety initiatives.
Support manufacturing activities through the resolution of production problems, fabrication of complex hardware, equipment and training.
- Self manage work flow throughout area with minimal guidance, to achieve team goals.
- Estimate labor, material, and manufacturing costs for the building and repair of product or process enhancement.
- Identify and correct minor process, material, design, or equipment problems
- Actively participate in material review activities including troubleshooting of non-conformances.
- Perform mid-level (moderately complex) testing or mechanical operations on production/repair hardware including troubleshooting to component level.
- Provide skill specific training to improve technique and/or understanding of theory of operation.
- Fabricate complex equipment, hardware or prototypes.
Provide accurate recording of time changes, test data. Parts usage, etc. This requires data interpretation.
- Generate reports from test results and communicate results or take immediate corrective action to assure proper disposition of items in question.
- Write test procedures and manufacturing work instruction for complex or detailed assembly or test operations.
- Utilize multiple databases to create/use necessary information to provide information for decision making requiring judgment.
Technical Asset Management
Manage technical assets which requires support from personnel, outside sources, and other functional groups to complete tasks.
- Requisition, manage, and maintain technical assets.
- Provides tooling, fixture, software and equipment design and maintenance, as well as troubleshooting/repair.
- Production assembly experience preferred.
- Must have experience troubleshooting and the ability to interpret schematics
Must be highly motivated and dedicated to exceeding customer expectations. Education:
Minimum Education Requirement: Associate's/Technical Degree
Minimum Experience: 2-5 years
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems