Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Supervises with operational focus, in an area of functional, technical or product expertise, individual contributors within respective shift, group or department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises the activities of individual contributors performing similar tasks within a shift, group, or department within Global Technical Support.
- Oversees activities of individual contributors who perform technical support responsibilities on-site or via telephone when first line product support in the field has failed to identify or fix equipment or software issues.
- Accountable for operational results in terms of expenses, budget, performance standards/metrics, customer satisfaction and employees.
- Oversees the coordination, administration and execution of technical support programs, products, projects, process, performance metrics/standards for assigned area.
- Ensures that issues and recommendations with regard to programs, tools, projects, products, process, metrics, standards and customers are escalated in accordance with technical support policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the scheduling, staffing, management and development of employees in assigned area.Performs other duties as assigned.
- EMC Proven Professional Certification desired.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup.
- Communication skills.
- Customer Service skill.Organizational skills.
- Leadership Skills.Sense of urgency.
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Information Technology preferred.Strong understanding in databases, servers, networking, and data analytics is a plus.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Job Family: Product Services
Job ID: R18665
A little about us:
Dell is a collective of customer-focused, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities.