Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Directs and oversees purchasing function; develops policies related to the procurement of fleet and operation support goods and services. Receives and grants approval for purchases of goods or services. Analyzes changes or new issues in materials and supply to reduce costs and improve quality. Manages procurement staff and reports to Corporate Procurement. Maintains quality communications & working relationships with Maintenance, Operations, and Suppliers. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises & directs all procurement processes & procedures at the Area Level.
- Supervises Daily Activities of Area procurement Staff.
- Assigns work processes to Area procurement staff.
- Leads the implementation of company procurement policies and procedures, programs and best practices for procurement of fleet and operations supplies, equipment and repairs.
- Responsible for utilization of corporate procurement agreements and preferred suppliers.
- Works with Area Managers in analysis and optimization of inventory levels of authority.
- Leads the area procurement staff in developing regional or local sources of supply that meet current and future value requirements.
- Monitors appropriate spending, authorizes expenditures and adheres to levels of authority.
- May lead more complex or larger spend sourcing efforts
- Provides sourcing process expertise to area procurement staff on preparation and analysis of complex RFX and all other phases of strategic sourcing.
- Monitors and leads compliance with all procurement programs and diversity initiatives.
- Makes recommendations to Area management for standardization and cost savings.
- Assists MA Fleet Manager with reporting and forecasting area spending.
- Actively participates in Capital Expenditure procurement utilizing company purchasing system.
- Coordinates and facilitates surplus asset/equipment sales.
- Participates in budget process.
- Manages and maintains Area supplier relationships.
- Trains and mentors staff as required.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ______ full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of _______ full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relative work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Good to excellent ability with MS office productivity tools.
- Strong analytic ability
- Able to teach others to extract information from data.
- Able to communicate across all levels of the organization. Function well in a matrixed organization structure.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize own work and that of others.
- Thinks strategically. Applies new learning quickly.
- Works well in team environment.
- Able to coach and develop others.
- Customer focused.
- Bias for initiating action.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.