Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries - including more than half the Fortune 1000 - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 4,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Responsibilities:
The Cloud Infrastructure Manager's primary role will be to provide management and leadership to our growing Cloud Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will be experienced and expert in building and operating large scale virtualized environments, and capable of providing technical and operational leadership across a geographic differentiated group.
This role will anticipate and proactively forecast for future growth, while tracking performance and ensuring stability to meet service level agreements. The Platform Manager will be experienced in managing multiple high availability commercial environments in a rapidly growing business unit.
- Responsible for the overall performance and availability of Cloud computing environment; including directing the activities of systems and storage engineers responsible for monitoring, designing, installing, testing, maintaining, trouble-shooting, and securing enterprise storage and compute infrastructure.
- Ensure that compute and storage meet current and anticipated availability, performance and capacity requirements.
- Provide Project management and overall leadership for platform projects and initiatives.
- Communicate relevant platform activities to Kronos Management affected by changes or problems with the storage and virtualization platforms.
- Interface with vendors for product information, maintenance, billing, contract issues, and the timely resolution of escalated problems.
- Manage assigned personnel, allocate project/operational work and make decisions regarding employment, performance appraisal, training and development, salary recommendations, promotion and transfer.
- Develop, implement, and assure adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Manage the service queue's and approvals, while leading the support team during any systems or storage related priority incidents.
- Implement processes to standardize IT practices and procedures, capacity planning and risk mitigation.
- Participate with IT projects to assess infrastructure needs.
- Bachelor's degree plus 10+ years of experience with enterprise commercial platforms
- 3 + years' experience leading, training, mentoring a systems engineering team
- Proficiency in Project Management
- Strong fundamental understanding with major vendors of infrastructure hardware and software
- Extensive experience building and operating high availability customer facing commercial environments
- Strong fundamental experience with virtualization technologies, particularly but not limited to VMware products
- Experience managing multi-petabyte enterprise storage environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills across systems, platforms, and networks
- Experience in the design and delivery of disaster recovery
- HP Blade server experience a plus
- HP 3Par expertise a plus
- Experience with automation for both deployment and maintenance
- Solid understanding with both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical presentation skills
- ITIL experience
- Change management, Problem management, Capacity Management
- ITLI v3 foundation certification is a plus
- Industry Certifications strongly desired
A little about us:
At Kronos, we believe great businesses are powered by great people.