Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Manages the day-to-day operations of the container shop including inventory, repairs, deliveries and distribution. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily operation of the container shop, including staffing and scheduling.
- Ensures containers are in good repair in both structure and appearance to properly represent the company's image.
- Assures container supply meets customer demand.
- Complies with and ensures adherence to Waste Management's Mission to Zero standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Effectively interacts and works with other managers and supervisors to ensure the most efficient, cost-effective operation of the container shop.
- Assists in budget process as required.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of the container shop(s) through regular inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees personnel needs for all container shop personnel including selecting, coaching, disciplining and training employees and evaluating employee performance.
- Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Updates and submits required reports in a timely manner.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree, (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.