The Digital Customer Service team is looking for a strong candidate to lead a growing team of high performers to transform Discovers digital customer service experiences. This position will be responsible for defining and enabling strategic opportunities that leverage emerging technology and enable customers to communicate with Discover in their digital channel of choice. This person will set strategy and lead their team to design and implement enhancements to our current messaging channel and expand our digital service to third party channels like Apple iMessage, Alexa and WhatsApp. This position will also be responsible for developing Discovers customer facing bot and automation strategy to deliver an ideal customer experience and service expense savings. Qualified candidates must demonstrate leadership experience prioritizing, escalating and solving complex projects with the team, the ability to remove roadblocks and an aptitude for the digital work. Key Responsibilities
- Design current year and future year project pipeline/ roadmap, partnering closely with Analytics, E-Business, Business Partners, and Leadership team, to properly prioritize efforts based on business benefit, customer benefit, and scope.
- Create holistic dashboards that organize and present data that supports key stakeholder goals and objectives, and partner closely with Analytics on cost-benefit analyses
- Develop strong partnership with E-Business and various Tower owners to ensure Digital initiatives have servicing components and are properly communicated/ trained with field teams
- Web/ Mobile Project Management & Testing; Ensure development and completion of Web/ Mobile specific projects, including all user testing and field training for CSE.
- Operation Center Support; Lead communication and training for any digital projects being rolled out by card teams, including the CSE tower. May require periodic site visits. Maintain regular communication with respective specialty deployment managers, utilizing established meetings or create new forums as needed.
- Leverage VOC, emergent issues and analytics to drive key insights pertaining to web breakage
- Drive innovation and exploration of new initiatives pertaining to digital servicing and customer experience, developing points-of-view (POVs) and socializing with senior leadership, making recommendations for how to proceed
- Complete external benchmarking via industry leaders, conduct necessary research, and attend specific industry conferences, as needed
- Manage a team, coach to improve skill set and grow capabilities, set priorities, remove roadblocks
- Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
Skills Required Skills:
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-7 years operations or marketing experience, with some prior experience in digital
- 3+ years Project Management experience managing digital projects
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources
- Strong project management skills & experience in writing requirements and/ or user stories
- Comfort with analytics
- Able to oversee management of multiple projects, multiple strategies, and multiple business relationships
- Experience with people management, including ability to manage performance, and balance work-loads and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must and include: effective negotiation, conflict management, and ability to develop strong working relationships
- Masters Degree
- Lean Six Sigma and/or similar process improvement a plus
- Experience in agile product development
- Experience with digital design / user experience best practices
- Comfort with usability testing, customer-focused research
- Demonstrated people management skills
#LI-SN1 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
A little about us:
Discover is one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. We’re a direct banking and payment services company built on a legacy of innovation and customer service.