Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.Description
Manages and coordinates all activities of workers engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining the production and facilities related machinery and equipment while also managing plant and divisional environmental, safety, and health (EHS) programs and objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for developing and implementing the Facilities/Maintenance/EHS departments' strategic direction, goals, and action plans while maintaining alignment with Plant and Corporate Strategic objectives.
EHS commitments shall include:
- Perform annual reviews of EHS aspects through the use of Baxter's 1.4.3 Checklist.
- Participate in teams within the organization to represent areas of functional expertise.
- Provide facility representation during various EHS audits including outside agency inquiries/inspections.
- Track and communicate EHS related regulatory requirements to ensure that facility plans are developed and executed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws.
- Assist in the completion of monthly and annual EHS reporting requirements into Baxter's Environmental Reporting System (ERS). Assist in the validation of the quarterly ERS data from individual facilities.
- Assist facilities with EHS training and develop written programs where applicable.
- Implements the Preventive Maintenance System, tools and processes to maintain plant while improving uptime, reliability, and quality,
- Develops and maintains the plant wide PE (Perfect Equipment) and TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) programs.
- Maintains all plant critical systems (HVAC, Compressed Air, Water) to ensure efficient operation and compliance with cGMP's.
- Responsible for maintaining all aspects of the grounds and facility, including; pest control, building maintenance, security, exterior grounds, and contract cleaning.
- Manages and develops maintenance, facility engineering and EHS personnel. Responsibilities include; interviewing, hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsible for managing the plant Lean Energy program to achieve identified improvement targets
- Responsible for meeting the Facilities, Maintenance and EHS department budget commitments, capital expenditures, and Value Improvement Programs
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal EHS regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with the leadership team to develop, implement and support plant EMS program.
Processing documents in accordance with the Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications for this role
Education & Experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following software; database related, Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, AutoCAD.
- Familiarity with FDA, ISO, Fire, OSHA, and Building Code requirements. Ability to read and interpret electrical, plumbing, architectural, and mechanical drawings.
- B.S. degree in Environmental, Safety or related field, plus M.S. degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering or technology (5-7 years of advanced experience may be substituted.)
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience.
- Must be conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations.
- Must hold a registered professional certification in the environmental or safety field (i.e. CHMM, CSP, or CIH)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk throughout the work day.
- Work well under tight deadlines.
- Some travel required (up to 25%)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a manufacturing environment regulated by the FDA and many other work rules to prevent damage to the product we manufacture. Some of those work rules include but are not limited to:
A Career that Matters
- Wearing a static protective smock at all times while in the work area
- Working in close proximity to other employees.
- Working in an environment that is temperature and humidity controlled.
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.