Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Description
Develop, implement, and administer all applicable environment, safety, and industrial hygiene support programs and policies. Partner with site management to ensure a zero-harm working environment. Provide compliance with all federal, state and local environmental and safety regulations. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications for this role
- Develop, implement, and manage all environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance programs.
- Evaluate and act upon new EHS regulations.
- Serve as primary contact for regulatory agencies such as EPA and OSHA for inspections, permits, and reporting.
- Monitor and direct the facility regarding new air permits related to operations and construction.
- Negotiate and secure contracts for hazardous and non-hazardous waste disposal.
- Partner with management to investigate all work-related accidents and non-compliance incidents.
- Perform analytical review and risk-based assessments to ensure compliance and appropriate actions are addressed.
- Interfaces with all levels of employees to include direct labor through senior management.
- Provide EHS technical expertise and resources to new business and validation and engineering projects.
- Conduct EHS audits with emphasis on compliance and program effectiveness.
- Champion wellness programs.
- Work with corporate EHS function to support all EHS projects and programs.
- Responsible for EHS plant related and department budget and expenses. Analyze health and safety costs and value which support business alignment.
- Lead all EHS related training for plant personnel.
- Manage duties of Occupational Health Nurse to include but not limited to employee health exams/profiles, drug testing, management of Worker's Compensation cases.
- Oversee management of on-site Security through contracted resources.
Education and Experience
- Must be conversant in EPA, OSHA, and DOT regulations.
- Must hold a registered professional certification in the environmental or safety field (i.e. CHMM, CSP, or CIH).
- Proven ability to write and execute short and long-term strategic plans.
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and resolve technical difficulties. Must be able to work with engineering and technical experts.
- Ability to write and effectively respond to detailed inquiries and present information to employees at all levels to include direct labor and senior management.
- Must be able to flex schedule to accommodate training programs and investigations on off-shifts.
A Career That Matters
- B.S. degree in Environmental, Safety or related field.
- M.S. Degree in Environmental or Safety Engineering or Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience. Prior experience in a Lean manufacturing FDA regulated environment highly desirable. 3-5 years management experience.
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.