Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our
18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest
level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide
cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500
company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) manages up to 15 outside Field Account Representatives (FARs) within an assigned
geographic area. The FSM is responsible for the financial performance of his/her assigned approx. $15M geographic area as
well as the hiring, management, and development of direct reporting FARs. This role requires the ability to lead a sales team
that could be remotely located.
• At least 4 years of outside sales experience
• Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree or equivalent job-related experience and 2 years of prior
• Must have leadership skills that are consistent with the Grainger Values, as well as an ability to operate in a matrix
• Able to facilitate the cross-functional groups, especially professional sellers.
• Capable of speaking in an effective and influential manner to branch employees, sellers, Branch Managers, and customers.
• Demonstrate leadership skills to coach, counsel, and develop the sales team.
• Demonstrate successful planning, problem solving, quantitative analysis, time management and organization skills.
• Demonstrate competence in the application of computer software and technology that supports sales objectives (i.e. Excel).
• Develop and maintain effective internal partner relationships and relationships with customers so that objectives can be
• Must have excellent presentation skills, strong customer focus, and ability to manage change.
• A valid driver ' s license
• Must be able to motivate, inspire, and achieve results through others.
• Understands financial reporting and ability to analyze business needs, costs/budgets, and economic earnings.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.