At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plan, direct and manage the activities of Fleet Operations. Provide a safe, cost effective Fleet program that complies with Federal, State & local laws. #CD# Ensure safety, operational, business goals and objectives are met. Develop and maintain an environment that promotes and supports safety, diversity, performance excellence, resiliency and continuous improvement.
Plan, direct and manage the activities of PECO Fleet. Provide a safe, cost effective fleet program that complies with Federal, State & local laws. Manage employees, suppliers, internal customer satisfaction and assets to facilitate that all safety, environmental, operational, and business goals are consistently met. Develop and implement long range strategic planning for the department.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, direct and manage resources for Fleet Operations and repair shops. #CD# Provide direction, leadership and support innovation to ensure compliance with all policies and work practices pertaining to safety, environmental, legal requirements, vehicle and equipment maintenance and work practices. #CD# 25
- Develop and maintain an environment that supports a high performance culture and a learning organization. #CD# Direct the Fleet Services team in promoting diversity, both in the workplace and in our supplier base. #CD# Serve as a change agent for business initiatives and ensure timely recognition and reinforcement of employee development, achievements and contributions. #CD# 10
- Provide leadership, development and coaching to the Fleet Services Leadership Team. Provide accurate and timely feedback and coaching regarding performance, behaviors and developmental opportunities. Conduct performance planning and appraisal process with direct reports. #CD# Ensure effective execution of those processes throughout the organization. #CD# 20
- Manage the regional budgets at or below established levels. #CD# Manage and monitor performance against established Fleet Performance indicators and goals. #CD# 20
- Assure compliance with all Federal, state and local safety, environmental, vehicle and workplace regulations#CD# 20
- Emergency Response duties as assigned#CD# 5
- Contract Management- Monitor and manage performance of key contractors through KPIs and customer feedback. #CD# Review, analyze and approve monthly invoices. Work with Exelon Supply to evaluate and select vendors and contractors to provide products and services for the Fleet Department. #CD# Provide feedback to Supply on contractor performance and jointly manage vendor performance issues. #CD# #CD# 30
- Operational Support - Interface with key stakeholders to identify fleet issues and drive improvement. #CD# Engage stakeholders in vehicle design and procurement planning. Track and communicate key financial and performance indicators. #CD# Chair Fleet Council. #CD# 30
- Supervision- Provide leadership, development and coaching to the Fleet Services staff. Provide accurate and timely feedback and coaching regarding performance, behaviors and developmental opportunities. Develop and maintain an environment that supports and rewards performance excellence and continuous improvement. #CD# Direct the Fleet Services team in promoting diversity, both in the workplace and in our supplier base. Conduct Performance Planning and appraisal process with direct reports. #CD# #CD# 15
- Financial Management- Develop annual budget and vehicle rates. #CD# Review monthly budget variances, provide analysis and communicate performance. #CD# Develop and manage budgets at or below established levels. #CD# Manage and monitor performance against established Fleet performance indicators and goals. #CD# #CD# 10
- Environmental- Develop and implement plans to improve the overall environmental performance of the Fleet through the adoption of alternative fueled vehicles while complying with all Federal, state and local safety, environmental, vehicle and workplace regulatory requirements. #CD# 10
- Asset Management- Manage the design, procurement and disposal of Fleet vehicles, tools and equipment. #CD# Manage Fleet facilities and fueling site condition to provide safe and reliable facilities. #CD# 5
- Bachelors degree in Business or equiv and 8-10 years related business experience, or in lieu of Bachelors degree, a minimum of 10-15 years relevant business experience is required. Or associates degree and 15 or more years experience in the Fleet Maintenance Field, including at least 5 years of supervisor or managerial experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a high performance culture
- Demonstrated high commitment to safety
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process improvement and efficiencies including technology and performance
- Demonstrated business acumen, customer awareness and ability to create value
- Experience in working with an Enterprise Resource Planning System.
- This position must effectively interact and communicate with Vice Presidents, Directors, Managers and field employees. ; Errors or failure to effectively manage the Fleet Organization would most likely result in costly and significant delays to ComEd Operations and impact System Reliability Goals and performance. Failure to comply with Federal, State and local laws could result in substantial fines and loss of important license and privileges that have significant impact on ComEd and corporate operational goals.
- This position manages and has direct responsibility for a ~ $20 million annual operating budget including ~8M maintenance contractor spend and a ~ $6 million annual capital budget. ; The position has overall accountability for the maintenance, condition and state of readiness of PECOs Fleet which is comprised of approximate 1400 light, medium and heavy duty trucks and aerial equipment. ; This is accomplished through the management of a contracted maintenance work force of ~ 50 as well as direct supervision of a PECO staff of 4 employees. The position is also responsible for PECOs 10 fleet maintenance facilities, 20 fueling sites and the management of various suppliers.
- This position requires interaction with personnel at all levels in Fleets customer organizations, including key management and executive leadership. ; As such, this position must be able to effectively communicate with operations leads in identifying and resolving vehicle and equipment repair issues; and selecting the right vehicles and equipment to meet the business needs.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster