Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
This role will be responsible for:
● Supporting the global money laundering/terrorist financing and sanctions risk assessment:
○ Support maintenance of and any updates to the Enterprise Wide Risk Assessment (EWRA) Methodology
○ Maintaining global inventory of products and services and factors supporting inherent risk rating assessment.
○ Coordination of controls assessment process to obtain and document relevant controls and assess effectiveness and comprehensiveness of coverage.
○ Supporting collection, organization, and evaluation of quantitative data relevant to the risk assessment process, includes usage of the enterprise risk assessment tool.
○ Compile risk assessment results, document resulting actions and support development and tracking of necessary process or program enhancements related to results.
○ Maintain library of documentation supporting the EWRA results.
○ Support development of regional or legal entity risk assessment reports, parsed from the EWRA results, as necessary.
○ Perform risk assessment of new products or services and support identification of appropriate control structure.
○ Ad hoc risk assessment projects as needed
● Actively developing relationships and working collaboratively with cross functional groups and GFCC team members across the regions and markets to drive for results and influence issue resolution.
● Championing the goals and objectives of GFCC across the organization.Qualifications/Education/Experience/Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Five+ years of AML/BSA experience in the AML/Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) field
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Substantive knowledge of legal, policy and/or operational aspects of financial crime compliance programs (e.g., AML/CTF, CDD, SARs, sanctions/OFAC, ABC and/or financial crime investigations)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
- Proven ability to operate in ambiguous environments and exhibit agility in navigating from current state to proposed solutions.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.