At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for daily supervision, monitoring and coaching of employees to ensure a productive workforce in compliance with company policies. Responsibilities include work planning, on-the-job training, arranging for maintenance work, inspections, and initiating requisitions for procurement of tools, materials, equipment and parts from vendors and services from contractors. Responsibilities include calibration and storage of instrument test and measuring equipment and ensuring personnel are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable Standards and Procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible for the organization and direction of the maintenance department. Communicate with the Plant Manager on a routine basis to ensure high standards are maintained and management expectations are met.
- Establish and evaluate trends, goals and performance indicators, communicate goals and take appropriate actions based on trends.
- Responsible for management oversight of all station outages including planning, scheduling and budgetary control.
- Ensure implementation of corporate and station policies.
- Ensure the generation and implementation of meeting daily and weekly schedules.
- Plan, establish and implement the department budget. Duties include approve purchase requests, monitor and adjust as necessary.
- Communicate with other departments both onsite and offsite to resolve management problems, achieve goals and maximize use of resources.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- BS in engineering with minimum 10 years professional experience OR
- Associates Degree with minimum 10 professional years experience with 5 at the supervisory level OR
- H. S. Diploma with minimum 12 years professional experience with 5 at the supervisory level
- Minimum of 8 years power plant (or related) experience
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory/management experience
- At least one of the following: Maintenance OR Engineering OR Project Management
- Professional Certification or Recognition
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of industrial ops.
- Knowledge of State, Federal and Local government regulations as they apply to power plant operations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of complex projects with conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated leadership ability of high performance work teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage costs.
- Demonstrated PC skills including knowledge and proficiency in MS Office Suite products.
- Masters Degree in business, engineering or related field
- Multi-site experience
- Multi-departmental experience
- Operations experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervising technical and mechanical personnel in a biomass power plant.
Minimum of 5 years experience planning and scheduling plant activities such as wood, waste or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal and regular maintenance.
Position is located in Albany, Georgia
Position reports to Plant Manager
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.