Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Under direction of Business Unit Director oversees product manufacture within the functional area. Co-develop and execute strategic plans to achieve short and long term business objectives. Ensure timely and efficient manufacturing of high quality product. Lead and develop the organization by example. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supervise and/or oversee all personnel in the unit for proper application of company policies and procedures and on the job performance.
- Partner with various internal resources to establish a sustainable and profitable business model. This includes product, facilities, equipment, maintenance, spare parts, supply chain, services, staffing, operating procedures, policies and standards.
- Manage to short and long term goals (via Strategic Planning to include Value Stream Planning) to reduce costs, eliminate waste, increase efficiencies and improve processes to achieve product quality, customer satisfaction and cost key performance indicators.
- Monitor and confirm organizational adherence to policies, procedures, regulations (product quality and employee safety and standard work).
- Responsible for performing/supporting quality investigations in a timely and thorough manner per applicable investigation procedures.
- Responsible to review and approve quality investigations to ensure documentation is complete, accurate and timely.
- Drive and support implementation of major cost savings and continuous improvement projects to include participation in Kaizen events including employee suggestions.
- Ensure the effective use of human, physical and financial resources in order to achieve company objectives.
- Accountable for hiring, personnel development, salary administration and performance evaluation of assigned employees.
- Provide performance appraisal, employee coaching and counseling. Resolve conflicts and implement disciplinary action when necessary.
- Responsible for efficient and compliant flow of product, personnel, materials/supplies and rejected product/materials.
- Communicates effectively to all levels of the organization using all forms of communication.
- Drives effective and timely problem solving through effective employee engagement use of resources and Lean/Quality tools.
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and achieving budgetary goals.
- Creates and delivers presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Ensure that all areas and equipment are maintained to meet Pharmaceutical Elegance standards.
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA and OSHA regulations.
- World Class Manufacturing principles.
- Computer applications programs, Maintenance Planning, Quality Control, Process Improvements, Employee Relations, Technical Expertise and good knowledge of engineering principles.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics and documents.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leadership and training ability.
- Employee relations expertise.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Time and project management skills.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- BS/BA degree with 8 years experience in an Engineering and/or manufacturing position where at least part of it was gained in a FDA/GMP regulated environment.
- Engineering, Quality and/or manufacturing experience in the pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, aerospace, electronics, consumer goods industry, or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Lean Professional Certification, 6 Sigma Black Belt or structured development plan for same; working knowledge of Operational Excellence to include application of Lean and /or 6 Sigma tools.
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong manufacturing background with automated equipment in addition to manual processes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties
- Other duties as assigned.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-CB1
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.