myCoke Sales Capabilities Manager
This position will lead the execution of people, process and technology changes intended to align the myCoke messaging with Bottler sales strategies to “win” in the market. This position, as a member of the eCommerce leadership team, must be adept at working across all levels of leadership both within the Business Services organization and with our Bottler partners. This position requires the ability to develop and articulate messaging with varying levels of complexity, details and sensitivity.
This position requires an ability to drive for results while managing multiple programs simultaneously. The primary deliverables include initiative building and rollout; assess capability & knowledge gaps, identify relevant solutions to close the gaps and provide input into requirements development; provide sales capability expertise and consultation; facilitate Bottler eCommerce capability development and support knowledge sharing for Bottler field personnel. This position is expected to deliver information to large groups and must be comfortable dynamically speaking in front of groups. This position may be called to lead or be engaged with projects / pilots; validate, edit and/or develop content or take on other special actions needed to achieve the sales capability department mission.
This position, as a leadership position, must be able to emulate the processes, routines and behaviors that are being required from our Business Services organization personnel to attain credibility and attain the adoption within the field. The primary scope of influence is with Bottler partners in the US and Canada across all channels and functional groups in regional key accounts and national accounts.
The relevant solutions may require development from other Business Services departments or outside providers, though the development is not the responsibility of Sales Capability, however importing and exporting best practices is critical to the success of the role.
Initiative Deployment & Implementation
▪ Deliver initiative-based capability building programs for all channels & functions
▪ Coach all functions on best practice methods for engaging customers, modeling behaviors and driving business results for use of eCommerce
▪ Provide sales expertise and resources on key myCoke program launches that enable successful sales in the marketplace
▪ Assess the impact of capability programs on both Bottler personnel and the business using effective measurement tools make recommendations and design training messaging to maximize on success and/or make improvements where required.
▪ Develop personal skills and capabilities to improve execution as the myCoke Sales Capability Manager.
▪ Facilitate / Execute skills assessment for new & existing personnel as required by Bottlers
▪ Conduct capability assessments through regular session with Bottler personnel, field execution trade time, and voice of the customer activities.
▪ Debrief eCommerce Director on Bottler eCommerce capabilities & development areas
▪ Aggregate observations of sales performance capabilities, report results and identify core areas for improvement
▪ Assist in the deployment of sales aids and other sales collateral for myCoke
▪ Work with National Account team to approve trade names for myCoke and support rollout
▪ Conduct meetings with sales teams to drive execution improvements via identification of opportunities.
▪ Collaborate with myCoke Communications team to review development and design of training materials to include manuals with visual charts, presentations and videotapes, e-learning and other technologies.
▪ Build and develop strong sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within Business Services and at our Bottler partners.
▪ Conduct intensive orientation/induction on myCoke for National Account team and Bottler teams, including scheduling of workshops
▪ Conduct in-depth, instructor-led myCoke capability training for Business Services sales personnel and Bottler field personnel
▪ Capabilities Assessment (see Capabilities Assessment section of this document)
Minimum Required: BA/BS Business Management, Education/Learning/OE or a related field.
Experience- Minimum Required:
▪ 3 - 5 years managing professional sales people
▪ Deployment of projects or initiatives
Travel: 20% - 40% to support training & relationship building
▪ Experience in consumer goods industry; sales / marketing or major account management;
▪ Experience in developing successful annual business plans and/or price /package plans for retail customers
Specialized Technical Skills:
▪ Excellent organizational, planning, communication (oral & written), facilitation, presentation and writing skills
▪ Strong relationship management skills and experience. Proven track record forming partnerships and influencing effectively across all areas of the organization
▪ Strong people and project management skills.
▪ Must have a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse portfolio of projects, quickly mediate between competing priorities, and work effectively with management
▪ Comfortable using and assimilating with new technology tools to deliver capability development
• Track record of coaching and developing people (directly and indirectly)