Manager Pro Business is responsible for driving cross functional projects focusing on bringing value to Home Depot through operational improvements. Strong problem solving skills and strategic thinking is required to see the big picture, determine multi faceted problems. Key responsibilities include creating and maintaining project work plans, managing issues and providing guidance to analysts and other key players. Manage and coordinate the day to day activities of PRO operations, participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and prepare financial and/or operational analyses and reports. Identify, research and analyze potential opportunities for growth, develop strategies to address and capture specific Pro opportunities, test and refine recommendations, evaluate results, make recommendations relative to implementation. Drive cross functional projects focusing on bringing value to Home Depot through business improvements.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Partner cross-functionally with organizational teams, internal and external clients, management and others in driving change within Home Depot
- Develop Recommendations: Prioritize issues and brainstorm/develop solutions and recommendations by working with a diverse group of people (store personnel, merchants, other HD companies, non-HD companies, vendors, etc.)
- Evaluate Results: Analyze the financial results of initiatives versus projections through financial analysis,control stores, and other benchmarks.
- Evaluate the operational issues of initiatives by walking stores, talking to associates, talking to customers and interviewing merchants
- Project Management: Handle the day to day issues associated with implementing a new initiative. These may include working with store planning, visual merchandising, store and divisional associates
- Use diverse problem-solving methodologies to understand the fundamental parts of the problems and communicate the solutions effectively
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Director of Pro Business
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong leadership skills and personal initiative as well as passion for the business
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Ability to work with all levels within an organization and to lead without positional authority
- Business judgement - broad and general business knowledge and the ability to understand the big picture
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including logical, structured thinking and strong quantitative skills
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!