Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: CORP Enclave
Zip Code: 77077
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
Manage Property Tax and Business Incentives on issues such as real estate tax, personal property tax, and business incentive analysis and compliance. This includes tax planning, compliance, appeals and audits, as well as process improvement. Lead and develop in-house compliance process and staff as well as outsourced service providers. Work directly with head of Property Tax; interdepartmentally with corporate Real Estate, Property Accounting, Accounts Payable, business leaders; externally with taxing authorities and consultants. Work directly with head of Business Incentives; interdepartmentally with corporate Real Estate, Legal, Government Relations, Accounts Payable, Human Resources, Business Technology, business leaders; externally with economic development groups, taxing authorities and consultants on the analysis, compliance, and audit of business incentives.
Tax Compliance & Planning
- Responsible for real estate tax, personal property tax and business incentive compliance as well as projects and strategies to increase filing efficiency and accuracy.
- Essential responsibilities in tax compliance includes real estate tax assessments and bills, personal property tax renditions and bills.
- Remain current in legislation regarding tax and business incentives, tax planning, and forecasting.
- Participate in the annual business incentive compliance process as required to receive discretionary and statutory incentives from Federal, state, and local incentive agreements.
- Maintain and follow all Sarbanes-Oxley and other prescribed internal controls in regards to tax compliance through utilizing review/approval documents as well as continuing to evaluate and analyze current processes and procedures to result in a more accurate and efficient reporting function.
- Provide information and consult with OpCo’s, Corporate, and Business Support personnel on the preparation of the real estate tax, personal property tax and business incentive payments (i.e. bonds, PILOT’s) for the annual operating plan.
Appeals, Audits, & Refunds
- Participate in the review of all real estate assessments including preparation of detailed modeling valuations to verify the accuracy of assessments. If assessment is found to be incorrect direct the appeal of the erroneous assessments.
- Participate in tax audits including any appeals of erroneous assessments.
- Internally work with head of Business Incentives on planning and negotiating incentives for business development projects.
- Research and monitor relevant law and regulations to obtain tax credits and abatements that reduce expense.
- Participate in the annual compliance of incentive, exemption, abatement, bond, grant, or credit agreements with various Federal, state, and local authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum relative experience. Minimum of 5 years experience for large multi-state companies with progressive experience in the areas of asset valuation, real estate tax, personal property tax and process improvement. Experience in Federal, state, and local business incentives preferred.
- Certification with continuing education organizations such as Institute for Professionals in Taxation preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required including Excel data analysis.
- Knowledge and understanding of the property tax cycle (compliance, assessments, billing, appeals, and audit) and their application to business activities.
- Excellent communication skills required with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external associates is a requirement.
- Must remain current in Federal, state, and local legislative tax policy initiatives affecting the company.
- Ability to oversee tax compliance, appeal, and audit process in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop in-house teams as well as manage outsourced service providers.
- Ability to analyze property tax valuations and assessments.
- Normal office environment.
- Minimal travel required.
- This position must be performed from the Corporate facility.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Due to deadlines increased hours may be required during peak volume periods.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.