Mgr Rehab Svcs
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posted: December 16, 2017
Reference ID: INT-03191-67614
- This position supports the mission of The Medical Center of Aurora/Centennial Medical Plaza of optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Physical Medicine Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the department. It is the responsibility of the manager to help promote good staff working relationships and departmental systems maintenance or improvements. The manager collaborates in decision-making structures and processes. They should be knowledgeable of healthcare trends and integrate this knowledge into strategic planning for department(s). They are accountable for the implementation of an effective and continuous program to measure, assess and improve performance. They assure a high level of customer satisfaction. The position manages productivity to achieve budgetary targets. They must be willing to assume twenty-four hour responsibility for patient care and a leadership role with the health care team in planning and delivering patient care. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. Additionally, clinical duties include evaluating patients, establishing realistic goals, planning and administering appropriate quality treatments to achieve goals.
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Physical Therapist: licensed in the State of Colorado, or Occupational Therapist: National Certification through AOTA, or Speech Language Pathologist: Certificate of Clinical Competency from the American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Education: Bachelor, Masters or Doctorate degree depending upon specific discipline.
- Experience: Three years of experience in acute care with supervisory experience preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Good organizational, motivational, and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong critical thinking skills.
- Degree of supervision required: Minimal in technical area; minimum/moderate in supervisory area from the director.