Responsible for establishing operational objectives and work plans, and implementing department strategies, consistent with division and company strategies and emphasizing product availability, inventory productivity, and cost productivity. Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements. Provides leadership and management to one or more major departments or business units.Job Responsibilities
- Executes and/or oversees processes and approaches, working with long-term perspective; translates strategic goals into actionable tactics and objectives. Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Ensures the development of innovative approaches, processes, and solutions that support department and division strategies. Implements strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Erroneous decisions will result in critical delays in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Interacts regularly with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas and or stakeholders. Requires the ability to change the things of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Creates and fosters high performance culture, focused on engagement, accountability, innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Owns and manages relationships with third party service providers, including partner selection, contract negotiation, and performance management.
- Transfers knowledge across functional lines, promoting teamwork, and empowerment to achieve established objectives.
- Champions company initiatives, connecting efforts to company vision and purpose and driving increased engagement.
- Monitors industry trends, best practices, and regulatory issues as they relate to specific area(s) of responsibility and shares learnings, as appropriate, with direct reports and peers.
- Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets. Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 7 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience internally at Walgreens in a supply chain or business role.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA/Master's Degree
- APICS CSCP Certification.
- At least 3 years of experience managing 3rd party relationships.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.