Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The Manager is responsible for creating a multi-year strategy for Grainger's transportation information and technology as well as design and lead the implementation of transportation changes. The scope of the role would include the US, all modes for inbound, internal and outbound transportation and represents +$350M in spend and over +25M shipments annually.
- Develop and maintain the Grainger multi-year plan for the improvement of Grainger's transportation data as well as transportation technology.
- Lead cross functional teams responsible for implementation of design improvements to Grainger transportation
- Transportation liaison to the Grainger IT department and Transportation SME on Global Supply Chain data improvements
- Monitor emerging transportation technology and provide recommendations via a business case to transportation leadership on emerging trends.
- Implementation of key transportation projects that will delivery significant cost savings and/or improvement in service.
- Implementation and/or auditing of transportation system changes.
- Collaborate regularly with Supply Chain leadership to ensure organizational objectives are supported by transportation information
- Establish and maintain strategic alliances with key internal and external stakeholders and senior management focused on total cost and service solutions.
- Incorporate detailed understanding of business needs and transportation data.
- Lead creative thinking that fosters curiosity and drive change and innovation
MA/MS/MBA or equivalent preferred.
7-10 year of experience in related field preferred.
- Expertise in implementation of Transportation Management System and/or operation of a TMS
- Strategic thinking
- Transportation design and operational principles
- Communication and cross-functional collaboration
- Business case development
- Project management skills
- Change management
- Leadership and delivering results
- Interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Problem solving and general business acumen
- Initiative and the ability to identify opportunities, prioritize, build plans and get things done
- Continuous improvement focus
- Finance, analytical skills
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.