Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Long Range Planning Manager is responsible for providing an
accurate long term forecast and capacity outlook.
An effective LRP Manager will have a thorough understanding of the line of business(es) that they support.
Each forecast developed should contemplate historical patterns, anomalies and
future initiatives impacting the business.
To be successful in this role, the LRP Manager must be able to identify
risks (financial or operational) and make recommendations to mitigate those risks.
Responsible for managing call routing in a multi-site environment to
ensure an efficient workload and workforce balance while supporting the
organizations' vision, mission and customer access strategies. Serves as
a liaison and contact for supporting internal and external vendor
relationships. Manages professional employees and/or supervisors, and
may manage business support/technical staff. Has accountability for
managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to
employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering
performance standards for organizational unit. Develops processes and
procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Oversees and maintains the Workforce Management (WFM) Platform
utilized for forecasting, scheduling, tracking, monitoring, and
reporting the daily/monthly call center statistics. For example: call
center volumes, full time employees, schedule adherence, and service
- Manages the Workforce Management staff in the various workforce
management activities of forecasting, scheduling, capacity planning,
monitoring queues and volumes, and approving off phone activities.
- Conducts forecasting, creates staffing schedules, and monitors real
time for schedule adherence.
- Identifies and researches service level risks for problem resolution
and management notification. Oversees escalation plan when service
levels are negatively impacted.
- Forecasts and accounts for growth due to seasonal variations, special
events, affecting client's (such as marketing blitzes) and other
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer