Under general direction and guidance of the District Facility Maintenance Manager oversees effective preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all facility equipment and material handling systems.
This position is categorized as compliance critical and as such requires and is assigned specific responsibility for ensuring continual and proper compliance with all division corporate and regulatory requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensures Greenfield facility and Material Handling Equipment and Automated Picking System (MHE/APS) is running at maximum efficiency with minimum downtime.
- Diagnoses error conditions occurring in the Distribution Center and repairs accordingly.
- Schedules and executes ongoing preventive maintenance program for building and material handling equipment.
- Keeps Distribution Center management apprised of escalating abnormal or critical situations and coordinates resolutions/repairs with outside professional maintenance (if required).
- Provides assistance in the configuration maintenance modifications and system upgrades of MHE and APS control systems.
- Assesses the efficiency of materials handling equipment and automated picking systems and defines necessary modifications.
- Works with equipment and software vendors on design specifications and improvements.
- Develops annual facility operating budget for utilities spare parts training and maintenance contracts and presents to management.
- Develops and solicits bids from vendors for maintenance janitorial snow removal landscape and other contracts necessary to support all building and MHE systems.
- Responsible for associate relations functions including directing supervising and developing a staff of Automated Support Specialists.
- Associate is required to work split shifts nights and weekends as well as be on call to respond to downtime events.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Facilities/Plant Management preferred with extensive experience with start-up and troubleshooting of an automated distribution warehouse required. Requires a minimum of five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience in an automated distribution warehouse environment with large volume distribution operations. Experience in the development of preventive maintenance programs disaster planning and knowledge of chilled water systems cooling towers diesel powered back-up generators electric and diesel fire pumps air handling units and roof top air conditioning units. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent technical and operational knowledge of mechanical electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Knowledge of building automation system such as Trane Tracer Summit System and Manhattan Associates' Warehouse Management System PkMS is preferred
- Proactive problem solving skills; ability to recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to read and interpret CAD layouts illustrated parts breakdown (IPB) diagrams and electrical circuitry diagrams and drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot complex automated systems controlled by computers programmable logic controllers (PLCs) and microprocessors in a high-volume work environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to maintain cooperative working environment
- Effective written communications presentation skills and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently to multi-task and to prioritize quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word Access Excel Project and PowerPoint; knowledge of AutoCad is also preferred
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.