About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Hospira, a the company company, is a leading provider of infusion technologies. The company's focused infusion systems portfolio features I.V. solutions, proven, innovative smart pumps, and pain management and safety software technology designed to help meet clinical, safety and workflow goals.
The Microbiology Senior Group Leader leads a local U.S. R&D group that is focused on the microbiology and sterilization of small molecules and differentiated drug delivery systems, providing expertise in sterilization development, development of microbiological methods for new and on-market products, regulatory submissions, and evaluation of new technologies in both sterilization and microbiology. The group is responsible for global products, and interacts with global the company sites in order to accomplish project goals. S/he will provide departmental subject matter expertise to the company corporate initiatives.
• Responsible for the direction of a local R&D microbiology group, including resource planning to ensure the scientific quality and timely execution of projects ranging from early stage development through submission.
• Provides technical direction, development, and training for new and current employees with respect to documentation, use of equipment, laboratory techniques, and department procedures within their assigned area of responsibility.
• Responsible for building and maintaining cross-functional relationships within the company including communication across the global network, evaluating opportunities for efficiencies and simplifying processes.
• Build strategic alliances with outside network groups to stay current with external technology and scientific advancements to shape and improve global programs.
• Demonstrates ability to independently identify and resolve relatively complex problems through good planning and decision making utilizing functional and technical skills. Has the ability to prioritize and decide appropriate course of actions, and is effective at implementing decision.
• M.Sc /PhD in Microbiology, 14-17 years of experience with a reputable pharmaceutical company.
• Experience with supporting development of sterilization processes and microbiological methods for liquid injectable products, solid oral dosage forms, and combination products.
• Experience successfully representing microbiology department in regulatory inspections and presenting CMC data in regulatory submissions.
• Experience successfully managing a team of 10-20 scientists
Other Information - Internal
System limitations prevent mutual participation in cross-company (the company - legacy Hospira) Employee Referral Programs at this time; thank you for your patience
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.