INTEGRATED REGIONAL LABS (IRL) - LARGO, FL
Medical Technologist - Full-Time Day shift
New Graduates are welcome to apply. Start your career being part of a rewarding team here at IRL
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Medical Technologist? Become part of an awarding team of Medical Technologist here at Intergraded Regional Lab. This position is a full-time day position. We have a dynamic team of Medical Technologist on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Medical Technologist to the team. Our team of Medical Technologist take pride in nursing. Become a part of our Laboratory and Medical Technologist Team today.
IRL, an HCA company, is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida.
IRL is continuously seeking talented individuals who share our values and are interested in contributing to the success of our company. POSITION SUMMARY:
- The Microbiology Medical Technologist performs routine microbiology clinical laboratory testing consistent with written procedures to include bacteriology culture reading, serological rapid testing, etc. under the direction of a laboratory supervisor.
- Supports the clinical laboratory testing needs of the Integrated Regional Laboratories System.
- Analyzes and reports results on test patient specimens in order to ensure timely and accurate results to clients.
- Demonstrates and applies the theoretical concepts of clinical laboratory medicine using independent judgment.
- This position is full-time (40 hours per pay period) days rotating weekends.
- Nationally recognized certification as a medical technologist.
- Florida State Licensure as a MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST in all Laboratory areas is required.
- BLOOD BANK experience is required.
- Associates' Degree in medical technology with formal medical technology training. Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience as a Medical Technologist in a hospital laboratory is preferred.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Strong team work and collaboration abilities.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom