The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Exploratory Science Center (ESC) Cambridge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving early discovery research. Co-located with Merck's Cambridge Innovation Hub, the ESC's disease-area-agnostic research agenda fosters hands-on collaboration between our scientists and external academic and biotech researchers to access and explore the most promising emerging science.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create a fast-paced, nimble and flexible environment of mutual respect, creativity, invention and teamwork. With access to Merck's proven global R&D organization, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking Microbiome Research Associates to join the Merck Exploratory Science Center (ESC) in Cambridge, MA.
- Successful candidates will become part of a creative and flexible team that will investigate host/pathogen interactions, the influence of the microbiome on host immunity and immune responses to novel vaccines with the ultimate goal of delivering novel therapeutics to address significant unmet medical need in infectious disease as well as broader indications.
- Leverage advances in microbiome research and employ new technologies to impact clinical and preclinical programs
- Will design & implement new microbiological and molecular biology assays
- Critical to success are a high degree of organization, and go-getter mentality, as wells as advanced experimental capabilities
- Required: BS in Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular biology or related discipline
- Preferred: MS in Biology, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular biology or related discipline
- Minimum of (2) years full-time Laboratory Research experience in an Academic and/or Industrial setting
- Microbiology: Experience in microbial isolation, cultivation, and characterization; assay development, microbial physiology and/or ecology
- Molecular Biology: cloning, DNA and RNA purification, qPCR, Western blotting
- Microbiology: Experience with anaerobic bacteria, microbial communities
- Molecular Biology: Next generation sequencing (RNAseq, 16S rRNA, metagenomics), handling eukaryotic cell cultures
- Experience with chemostat and/or microfluidic devices, high-throughput screenings, metabolomics
- Fluent English verbal and written skills
- History of publication in peer-reviewed journals
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.