The Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) Exploratory Science Center (ESC) Cambridge, a wholly owned subsidiary of Merck and Co., is focused on driving early discovery research. Co-located with Merck's Cambridge Innovation Hub, the ESC's disease-area-agnostic research agenda fosters hands-on collaboration between our scientists and external academic and biotech researchers to access and explore the most promising emerging science.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create a fast-paced, nimble and flexible environment of mutual respect, creativity, invention and teamwork. With access to Merck's proven global R&D organization, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking an innovative Microbiologist to join the Merck Exploratory Science Center (ESC) in Cambridge, MA.
- Successful candidate will become part of a creative and flexible team that will investigate the influence of the microbiome and microvirome on host immunity and immune responses to novel vaccines with the ultimate goal of delivering novel therapeutics to address significant unmet medical need in multiple therapeutic areas.
- Will be expected to proactively identify and leve rage advances in microbiome research as well as new technologies to impact programs.
- Should have expertise in microbiology with experience in microbiome research
- Expected to understand and solve challenging issues independently and to show a high degree of innovation.
- Required: MS in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related discipline
- Preferred: PhD
- Minimum of (2) years of Postdoctoral or equivalent Industrial experience
- Experience in Microbiology Research
- Effective communication skills
- Strong history of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- 15% Travel
- Research experience with the Microbiome
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.