Microcontamination Engineer Job Description
A Microcontamination Engineer is specifically responsible for understanding the factory environment including the air dynamics, fab protocol, and environment. This includes, but isn't limited to, particulate, airborne molecular contamination, vibration, and air direction. The position involves understanding of significant amount of metrology and using this equipment to design experiments to quantify and understand engineering issues.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Defines roadmaps to meet requirements, goals and milestones for a new technology process.
- Selects and develops material and equipment for the process to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements.
- Plans and conducts experiments to fully characterize the process throughout the development cycle.
- Drives improvements on quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity and safety/ergonomic over variables such as material, method, equipment, environment and operating personnel.
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Establishes process control systems.
- Develops strategy to resolve difficult problems and establishes systems to deal with these problems in the future.
- Trains production/receiving process engineers for transfer to other factories.
- Transfers process to high volume manufacturing and provide support in new factory startup as well as install and qualification of the new production lines.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Presentation skills
- Ability to solve complicated problems
- Ability to work on diverse tasks
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Minimum Qualifications: • Candidate must possess a Masters or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Material Science, or related fields. Preferred Qualifications: • Hands on experience working with process equipment. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.