IBM Digital Foundation services prepare clients for the future, protect critical systems and applications from obsolescence, simplify legacy systems, and progressively transform systems of record. Clients are able to accelerate their digital transformation utilizing big data, analytics, cloud, microservices, mobile and PaaS-based development.
The Microservices API Specialist / Developer
provides analytical ability and creativity for digital transformation solutions for our clients.
Roles and Responsibilities include: Experience with client contact and ability to present to client groups at the CIO level. Use of client management skills to navigate the client hierarchies and understand competing agendas.
The candidate for the position of Microservices/API Specialist should have experience as a application developer. They should have experience in delivering business applications. Facility with IBM Mainframe COBOL/CICS is essential, as development experience in the JAVA Linux environment.
- Mainframe experience with batch and online programs and DB2 is required, as well as ADABAS/Natural as well and a basic understanding of Assembly Language.
- Should have experience with Java Linux side and should exhibit deep skills of such frameworks as J2EE, Angular.JS, EJB, Node.JS and Express. Relational Database experience is required with a working knowledge of Oracle, MYSQL, Hadoop and SQLServer.
- Should have experience of methodologies such as Agile, Domain Driven Design, Scrum and the AD Life Cycle.
The qualified candidate will have the following:
- Prior development experience in legacy systems including Mainframe development and support
- Ability to read application code on the legacy system and write code needed to modernize on the enterprise solution
- Familiarity with development and testing of applications in cloud environments
Application Innovation Consulting (AIC) is part of the worldwide Global Business Services (GBS) organization and is responsible for selling and delivering application development, integration and management services to their clients.Are you interested in taking the next step in your career? Apply today!
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBMjobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and latest job opportunities.
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.