The Microsoft Cloud Sales Advisor (CSA) supports sales productivity and deal flow by establishing client “interest” and assisting in the “technical close” of solutions in the areas of Office 365, Power BI, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Skype for Business, and Azure. The CSA collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
The CSA is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported. Reporting to the Regional Sales Director, the CSA reports has a dotted line to the Northeast Infrastructure Practice Leader. The sales territory includes New England, Metro NY/NJ, and PA.
- Works deals assigned to the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, or as directed by Practice Leaders or Sales Director.
- Proactively scopes the Microsoft cloud solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines, market areas, channel, or teams supported.
- Provides support to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within clients. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Nuture relationships with Microsoft in-market field sellers, partner technology specialists, and partner sales executives.
- Keep up with Microsoft product announcements and sales incentives and programs. Communicate important product changes to consulting and sales teams.
- Maintain virtual and physical demo environments and facilitate Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience (CIE) events.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Achieves assigned productivity and profitability quotas.
- Maintains deal through-put in early deal-sales process steps.
- Achieves product growth targets for the assigned geography, channel, sales team, or account.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Functional understanding of Office 365 and Cloud based solutions.
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- PC proficiency