The Training Specialist develops and conducts customized professional, technical, and functional training programs. This includes comprehensive curriculum from introductory through advanced levels of technical instruction for Microsoft Dynamics AX and other related software products.
The Training Specialist conducts Instructor-Led-Training, webinar presentations, or other types of training to customers or employees. All types of training must be delivered in a professional manner, according to established training standards and procedures.
Training and Development Skills:
- Confer with management, as assigned to determine objectives and curriculum
- Prior experience or working knowledge of how to write software application training programs, including course syllabus and agendas, participant guides, user guides, exercises including scenarios and solutions, handouts, power point presentations, tests, surveys for satisfaction
- Ability to determine appropriate instructional methods
- Select or develop appropriate teaching aids, such as handbooks, demonstration models, visual aids, and tutorials
- Strong organizational and communication skills are required
Training Delivery Skills:
- Conduct technical training sessions covering the use and development ERP and Reporting tools. Microsoft Dynamics AX or Dynamics 365 experience preferred.
- Instruct a class following the course syllabus and agenda
- Effectively uses handouts
- Deliver power point presentations
- Effectively manage a class of 6 or more students including exercises
- Effectively use any other training aides
- 3+ years of software or technical training
- Demonstrated experience developing and teaching how to develop with an object oriented language. Experience with X++ is preferred.
- Ability to use Visual Studio to develop complex solutions.
- Must be familiar with reporting technologies and how to develop with them. SQL Server Reporting Services and Power BI are preferred.
- Must be able to perform and convey beginning to complex level software applications instruction
- Must be able to be cross trained in all technical instructional sessions offered by RSM Technology Academy
- Working knowledge of effective instructional methods, equipment, and materials
- Ability to research, comprehend, and apply new training methodologies and information about the software we sell and train on
- Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Technology or a related field or equivalent experience
- Up to 80% travel
- Microsoft Certified Trainer is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.