Microsoft Firmware Test Design Verification - Surface Hub
Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation and Surface needs you!
Role & Opportunity:
The Surface team is currently looking for a person with a passion for learning and interacting with new technologies, who will perform product development and verification testing on multi-touch display products and peripherals. As a design verification engineer, the candidate will play a key role in creating and supporting test processes, tools, and executing test and validation activities on fast paced multi-disciplinary product development teams.
• BS in Electrical Engineering, Physics, related field or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience in hardware development and test at component and system levels
• Experience designing and implementing automated verification tools
• Experience with electronic test instruments and test fixture development
• Experience testing components such as cameras, motion, light, and touch sensors
• Proven ability to perform failure analysis and resolve issues
• Experience and familiarity with PCs and common busses (I2C, SPI, USB, PCI, etc)
• Hands on experience with LCD display assemblies and optics.
• Mechanical design experience
• Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions
• Some domestic and international travel may be required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.