Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
The Production Support group prides in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team, incumbent will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging and escalation procedures.
The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations. This person will work on various Business intelligence applications of reporting services delivered via the MicroStrategy BI Platform. This includes maintaining the projects, responding to customer queries and helping troubleshoot data and MicroStrategy application issues. Incumbent will work with cross-functional teams (Development, Quality Engineering, Release Management, Operations, and Product Management) for continual product delivery improvement. Will be responsible for managing the Service Level Agreements (SLA) with customers on problem tickets.
- Responsible for providing 24X7 Application Support for mission critical Visa Business Intelligence applications with strong emphasis on high service availability.
- Work with customers on business needs and requirements, and supporting internal and regional development and operations team to address data and service issues.
- Responsible for evaluating issues reported by the Business Users and members and providing ongoing solutions to ensure operational support structure and issues are being tracked for analysis, tracking and resolution, and proactive communication of issue status.
- Manage the enhancements of the Business Intelligence products along with performance improvement and tuning.
- Ensure the service meets the corporate quality, security and compliance standards.
- Maintain proactive communication with the customer base to ensure successful delivery and effective use of information programs.
- Develop, document, and educate users and developers on policies and procedures.
- Manage decision making on design test criterions and test plans.
- Participate in the decision making of success or failure of application systems to be deployed in production and assesses risk associated to control and policy exceptions.
- Minimum 5 years of Software Development Life Cycle including production support and development experience, working with OLAP and reporting tools with large databases/data warehouses in a globally distributed team
- Experience using MicroStrategy 9.x product suite including Desktop, Architect, Administrator, iServer, Web, Mobile, OLAP Services, Reporting Services and tools such as Object Manager, Integrity Manager, Command Manager, System Manager, Office, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast server and other components.
- Experience in data analysis is must
- Good experience with ITIL, BMC Remedy and ticketing workflows.
- Possess demonstrated ability to create and execute complex SQLs in a DB2 environment.
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience working in Windows and/or UNIX environments.
- Ability to research solutions to various business and technical problems, evaluate alternatives and be able to present recommendations and justifications to management.
- Perform exports, backups and data extracts as required.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with a large MicroStrategy environment which leverages I-Cubes and Narrowcast processing.
- MicroStrategy Certification (MCEP or MCE).
- Proficient in understanding advanced report development and design
- Advanced knowledge of database administration tasks such as Database Console utilities, security, work-load management.
- Incumbent must have strong problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills. S/he must have the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and delivery exceptional customer service. S/he must be comfortable working in a production environment with change management, defect tracking and status reporting processes. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related degree required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.