GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Global Research, we're redefining what's possible. From cutting-edge research in molecular pathology for use in personalized cancer diagnostics to programs in coal gasification and renewable power that drive clean energy solutions, our work at Global Research is world-renowned. As part of our team, you'll find yourself among nearly 3,000 scientists and engineers from every discipline in a dynamic atmosphere where you'll be constantly challenged to learn and grow. You'll have access to leaders on all levels of the organization and collaborate across the globe with the very best in the field. If you have an insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to articulate your vision, then join us and watch the work you do create the next generation of products and processes that will impact the globe for generations to come.
At GE Global Research we redefine what's possible, finding answers to some of the world's toughest problems. Find out more athttp://www.ge.com/researchorhttp://twitter.com/geresearchjobs, and connect with our technologists athttp://twitter.com/GEresearch
There is always an exciting new challenge on the horizon at GE Global Research because "what we imagine, we can make happen."
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Microsystem Mixed-Signal Circuit Architect
Disciplinary Engineering and Science
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As the Microsystem Mixed-Signal Architect you will be a part of a multi-disciplinary MEMS device and circuit design team pushing the limits of microsystem performance to develop state-of-the-art mixed signal circuits in conjunction with advanced MEMS devices for high-technology GE products.
You will contribute to the development of advanced MEMS-based systems through the generation and implementation of new ideas and concepts by conducting research and development in low-noise, high fidelity electronics in harsh-environment, high-temperature applications. The types of sensors and actuators that you will develop include but are not limited to inertial sensors (gyros and accelerometers), energy harvesters, MEMS switches, bio-impedance electrodes, etc.
* Develop novel circuit architectures to drive next-generation MEMS systems, working closely with transducer designers to optimize front-end topologies, develop signal-conditioning circuits, and work closely with microsystem experts to optimize back-end digital signal paths for algorithm implementation in high-performance systems
* Design complex, multi-channel, high-performance, mixed-signal electronic circuits as part of a multi-disciplinary team and ensure transition into GE products
* Be responsible for all components of the ASIC development cycle: architecture design, process selection, circuit design, simulation, check, layout validation and testing
* Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and make presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and value obtained
* PhD in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Analog IC design OR Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Analog IC design with a minimum 3 years experience OR Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Analog IC design with a minimum 8 years experience
* Proven design in MEMS front-end electronic interface circuits
* Proven design and analysis skills in the area of A/D and D/A conversion and signal conditioning
* Proven design and analysis of signal paths for sensors and actuators to optimize signal dynamic range and precision
* First-hand experience of a complete mixed-signal ASIC design that was fabricated and tested
* Experience with low noise and low power design
* Proficiency in CMOS design and circuit analysis using modeling software (SPICE, SABER, ELDO, SPECTRE)
* Proficiency in MATLAB, Simulink or equivalent, programming
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
* Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
* Must be 18 years or older
* You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Doctorate in Electrical Engineering with a concentration in Analog IC design
* Experience designing circuitry for MEMS sensors and actuators
* Familiarity with deep submicron design
* Experience with design in SOI processes
* Knowledge of VHDL and/or Verilog digital hardware description language
* Exposure to high-temperature, harsh environment, or novel semiconductor electronics
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability and desire to work in a team environment
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.