TEKsystems is partnered with an enterprise software company in Raleigh looking for several automation engineers to join their Automation Center of Excellence, which spans across several key revenue-driving SAAS products in multiple business lines. There have been significant development efforts to expand the company's flagship product, which is a search engine with data being pulled in from 60,000 sources. New automation engineers will utilize Selenium to automate the UI of this product across various modules/feature functionality. They will also be responsible for executing automation strategies, QA testing and automation approaches, test plans for multiple products, and driving QA best practices. There will be daily interaction with engineering teams as well as upper management.
* Collaborate and test in an Agile Development environment.
* Develop automation strategies according to the overall product development and test strategy
* Develop sizing and estimates of test efforts
* Analyze and communicate test results
* Defect tracking
* Enhance and extend automation libraries and frameworks
* Write specialized testing tools for use in testing software platforms
* Excellent analytical skills
* Excellent communication and writing skills
* Familiarity with information systems concepts
* Individual must be self-motivated and professional
Other characteristics and expectations
Interact with development engineers to devise automation strategies, test strategies and test cases to automate new features and enhance existing functionality.
Proactively monitoring error logs for issues, triangulate, diagnose root cause, log issues into issue tracker, and ensure all the issues are tracked and resolved.
* 2-3 years of experience (minimum) in Microsoft Technologies is desired
* Experience with SQL, WCF, ASP.NET, C# and .NET is preferred. Java experience is a plus
* Knowledge or experience working with Continuous Integration tools or processes is a plus
* Demonstrated skill in testing enterprise distributed systems is strongly desired
* Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required
* Demonstrated skill using code repositories, such as Microsoft TFS, GIT, CVS or SVN
* Knowledge of Microsoft plug-in tools, such as Selenium, SpecFlow and others
* Passion for continuing education and improving code quality through interaction with development team
* Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews
* Strong time management skills with a history of meeting commitments
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.