- Ensure front line mechanics within the DC are developed and accountable for achieving individual, team and DC goals
- Deliver effective change leadership - driving business changes while minimizing people impact
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short & long term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Work closely with suppliers and internal customers to deliver expected results
- Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Ability to think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Seek out and implement best practices
- Solve daily operational issues and have ownership over Environmental, Health and Safety Objectives
- Managing daily crewing to meet business requirements
- Maintain and Manage DOT programs and Training
- Administer Policy and Procedures
- Responsible for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety for entire business unit across all shifts.
- Develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues.
- Motivate the team to achieve performance targets.
- Organize and facilitate team meetings to achieve continuous improvement process.
- Coach team members to use the process and facilitate problem solving on the floor.
- Needs to provide support on all shifts, and ability to work approximately 55-60 hours per week
- Job level will vary based on experience and scope of role
- Travel may be 50%-60%
- Position is based out of the Columbia, MD region office, but may have some flexibility in the Mid-Atlantic Metro
- Degree preferably in Business, Operations Management, Logistics, or related major
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results oriented, challenging environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Position may be L8 or L9 based on candidate qualifications and experience
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.