Our client is seeking a talented mid-level SQL developer who enjoys solving problems, improving processes, and being creative with database solutions. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience working as part of a team in a dynamic and challenging environment to develop and support Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL databases. The ideal candidate will also have experience working with Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services. Your natural knack for solving the problems and challenges associated with supporting custom web application development will be called upon constantly and you must use your excellent communication skills to properly convey your thoughts and ideas to your team members and management.
WHAT WILL THIS PERSON BE DOING?
* They do a lot of work in SSIS, which has become 50-60 percent of the current SQL Developer's role. PostgreSQL databases are also in the current environment right now.
* SQL change control - it's something that candidates need to have an idea about. The production environment is the "live business" so it's not something that can be tinkered with on-the-go without processes. Having a grasp of the change control process ensures that nothing gets put into production without being approved. The product owner of the databases that are being worked on should be well aware of changes.
* Work as part of a team to assess and improve current data processes, scripts and production applications.
* Make recommendations to improve all aspects of production applications including performance, stability, and security.
* Collect business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, and help to write specifications for technical consumption.
* Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet various demands of client support and on-call requirements (limited).
* Implement and enforce best software design and development practices as well as to serve as a steward for developing quality-focused software.
* Interface with external vendors and clients to develop level of efforts, assess workloads, and set project priorities from a technical perspective.
* Interpret business requirements and serve as a technical liaison to vendor based technical staff.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.